Get to know you Monday--Donna Hatch


Today was are getting to know


1. What is your favorite food? Pasta. In particular, I love ravioli with Alfredo sauce.

2. Do you prefer Chocolate or Vanilla Ice Cream? The best of both worlds--Cookies and Cream

3. What was your favorite childhood picture book? I had two, both fairy tales: The Twelve Dancing Princesses, and The Wild Swans by Hans Christian Anderson

4. Is there a book that changed your life? Believing Christ by Stephen Robinson

5. Where would you go if you could go back in time? I would go to Regency England. Just to visit, though. Wouldn’t want to live there for the rest of my life. And I’d love to be there when the Savior descends from Heaven and visits America.

6. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I’m a wife and mommy.

7. Do you play a musical instrument? I play the harp…not great at it and I have a terrible case of performance anxiety, but I do enjoy playing it just for myself.

8. What are three adjectives best describe you? Snarky, determined, loving.

9. When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do? Write! Taking a nap is a close second.

10. What is the strangest thing you ever did? Gave up my mission call to get married. Okay, maybe not strange, but it sure took a leap of faith.

11. What is your favorite adulthood event? Getting my first book published ranks way up there. Getting my brothers and their wives and children all together for the first time in twenty years was a great one, too.

12. What is your favorite childhood memory? Visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It’s still one of my favorite places to visit whenever I get back to that area.

13. What countries have you visited? Mexico several times—Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Mazatlan, PuertoVallarta, and Cancun. And Canada once, but just for a few hours so I could say I did.

14. Are you a 'morning' or 'night' person? Definitely a night person. Getting up to get my children off to school requires Herculean effort.

15. Are you a beach, country or city person? I totally love the beach. I’d move there and be a beach bum if I could…provided I could have my laptop and have internet service.

16. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Hmmm. It’s a toss-up between England, France, New Zealand, and Victoria, British Columbia.

17. If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? Audition for American Idol.

18. What super-power would you most like to have, and why? Teleportation. I’d never be late and I could visit anyone, or any place, whenever I wanted without the hassle and expense of driving or flying.

19. Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? I love the mixture of sweet and salty, like peanut M&Ms, and white chocolate-covered pretzels.

20. Are you a collector of anything? Children. I have six. Oh, and carousel horses.

21. What's your favorite color? Pink. I’m totally girly.

22. What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Go dancing and then cuddle with my hubby.

23. If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? That all of books would be instant NYT best-sellers, my children would stay active in the church, and for perfect health.

24. If you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see? Blue. I wouldn’t want to give up the color of the sky or the ocean.



Donna as a child

Donna's senior picture

Hatch family

5 comments

  1. Loved this interview! I learned all kinds of things about Donna I didn't know before. I beg to differ on the ice cream question, though. The best of both worlds is chocolate chip, not cookies and cream. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kids. I enjoyed this interview. I agree with your answer on #9. I love to write, but sometimes naps are a must! Great to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joyce and Angie for stopping by and leaving a comment.
    And Joyce, chocolate chip is yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice interview! Now I know you even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun questions! Great interview, Donna.

    ReplyDelete