Walnut Springs Press March Madness Sweet 16 Questions--Angie Lofthouse


From the Eastern Bracket, comes the original Angie Lofthouse.


If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why?
Hermione Granger. She's brilliant and brainy and can work magic!





If you could co-write a book with any author who would you co-write it with?
Connie Willis. My favorite author. She is brilliant. I could learn so much from her.

How many hours do you spend on writing a day?
2-3 hours a day most days. That doesn't include typing, blogging, editing, planning, etc...

What advice would you give an aspiring writer?
Never, ever give up!

How have your personal experiences affected your writing?
My personal experiences have profoundly affected my writing. I have learned so much about human nature, about myself, about God and about life and love and joy and sorrow. I doubt I could write at all without those experiences.

How long did it take you to publish your first book after you started trying?
Eighteen years after I started writing. But only four years after I started submitting the book.

Is there a movie (gasp) that you prefer over the book version?
Movies and books are very different beasts and I love them both, but I can't think of one movie I like better than the book it's based on. Books are a richer and more fulfilling experience.

Do you write in your PJ's?
Absolutely!

Do you use a laptop or a desktop for writing?
I use a notebook and a pen.




What is your favorite quotation?
"Success flourishes only in perseverance--ceaseless, restless perseverance." Baron Von Richtofen

What is your favorite cereal?
Frosted Flakes or Crunch Berries

If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Beautiful, sunshiny yellow. :)

Do you prefer summer or winter?
I like them both for different reasons, but if I had to chose, I'd say summer because we don't have to worry about schedules and we don't get sick as much. And I love spending lazy afternoons at the swimming pool.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year?
Increase my writing speed and finish two novels.

The world would be a better place if . . .?
Everyone tried to be more like Jesus.

What is something you've always wanted to try?
Singing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.




Angie at the book signing of her first novel, Defenders of the Covenant

Angie taking her oldest son to the MTC.


At Storymakers roundtable



With Linda at LDSBA



1 comment

  1. I'm so amazing that you use a notebook to write. I would not be able to read my own writing. Fun interview.

    ReplyDelete