Walnut Springs Press March Madness Sweet 16 Questions--Michael Snapp


From the Southern bracket comes the witty Michael Snapp.

If you could be a character from any book, who would you be and why? 
I hate to sound lame, but thought about this a lot… I got nothin’. At a later date. I would like to change the answer to the first question. I can’t believe I didn’t realize this. If I could be any character it would be Robert Langdon from Dan Brown’s books. He’s a professor, author, problem solver. He’s honest, trustworthy and adventurous. 





If you could co-write a book with any author who would you co-write it with?

Depends, fiction = Dan Brown, nonfiction = Mitch Albom

How many hours do you spend on writing a day?
Between zero to two or more (working full-time limits it many days)

What advice would you give an aspiring writer? 
Have a firm grasp of your purpose for writing. Sometimes only your purpose keeps you going!

How have your personal experiences affected your writing? 
My personal experiences 100% influence and define my writing! I am in anything I have written and will write.

How long did it take you to publish your first book after you started trying? 
I had a solid offer earlier, but it took me 3 years to find the right publisher.

Is there a movie (gasp) that you prefer over the book version? 
I don’t dare answer this question, especially after messing up the first one!

Do you write in your PJ's? 
Only if I have them on when I write, but I don’t normally change into them to write ;)

Do you use a laptop or a desktop for writing? 
Both. It depends on where I am when the creativity starts to flow. Overall I prefer the laptop.

What is your favorite quotation? 
“If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires.” Malcolm Gladwell

What is your favorite cereal? 
I plead the 5th. If anyone says it’s Fruity Pebbles I will deny it.

If you were a crayon what color would you be? 
Pale White no doubt

Do you prefer summer or winter?
Summer!

What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? 
Be in the best physical condition I’ve EVER been in in spite of having my back fused to start the year.

The world would be a better place if . . .? 
It’s simple…if people were more patient with one another and NEVER forgot that people matter most!

What is something you've always wanted to try? 
Drive on the Nürburgring in Germany. 



Diving with Hammerhead Sharks would be swell too.






Waterskiing

Seeing his book at a bookstore for the first time


Michael and his family at Mt. Rushmore

The Snapp boys

The Snapp Girls

Michael and his wife Kimmie

Michael is a huge bike rider

At the Provo Temple Groundbreaking Ceremony

No comments

Post a Comment