Body image. If we were honest with ourselves, we would all admit that at one time or another it is something we struggle with. Our body image issues may range from just wishing we could get rid of those extra five pounds to more serious struggles such as bulimia or anorexia. With next week being National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, we felt that it would be a good week to kick off the Love Your Body: A Diet-Free Approach to Balanced Eating blog tour. But before you any ideas that this book is only for those who struggle with more serious body image issues, it's not.
Drawing upon her experiences as a registered dietitian the author, Brooke Parker, writes a book that is helpful for all. A reader, Keva, wrote about the book I could not put this book down! I felt like every chapter was written for me! I also feel very strongly that anyone and everyone could benefit from reading this book. I realized while reading that I don't have to hate food and I can love myself no matter how I look. I would recommend this book to people of all ages, shapes, and sizes. Brooke Parker gives great ideas, easy strategies, and worksheets to help you love your body!"
We are really excited for our the ten wonderful reviewers that will be sharing what their thoughts and what they've learned.
February 22 Valerie Ipson
Of Writerly Things
February 23 Nichole Giles
Random-ish by Nichole
February 24 Danyelle Ferguson
Queen of the Clan
February 25 Rachelle Christensen
March 1 Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
The Write Blocks
March 2 Alison Palmer
Tangled Words and Dreams
March 3 Tristi Pinkston
*Tristi Pinkston, LDS Author
March 4 Sheila Stayley
Why Not? Because I Said So!
LDS Women's Book Review
March 5 Cami Checketts
We will be giving away 5 copies of Love Your Body: A Diet-Free Approach to Balanced Eating as part of the online book book tour. The contest starts February 17th and will close on March 5th at midnight, MST.
Entering the contest is easy--all you have to do is blog, tweet, follow, or comment and then fill out this little form here.
So exactly how do you blog, tweet, follow, etc. Here's how.
1. Become a follower of our reviewers blogs. You can follow one of our reviewers or you can follow all of them. Remember that each blog you follow gives you another chance to win, so why wouldn't you choose to follow them all? But what if we are already following a blog? Lucky you--because you get an entry for that too.
2. Post a comment on their review. We would like the comments relate to the book and the posted review, but we are happy if you just review.if you leave a comment either about the book or just say hello use the form to tell us about it, and both will get you an entry in the giveaway.
3. Blog about the contest or one of the reviews. Spread the word. Just remember that the blog post either needs to link to the contest or to one of the reviews.
4. Follow us on twitter. Maybe you use twitter, maybe you don't. But if you do, you should follow us.
5. Tweet about the contest or one (or all) of the reviews. Yep, 144 characters or less is all it takes to enter.
6. Become a fan of Love Your Body on facebook.Brooke is constantly updating her fanpage with articles, recipes, and helpful hints.
7. Post about the contest on Facebook.
8. Anything else you can think of that will spread the word. If you mention it on goodreads, shelfari, google buzz, or any other social media site, or make it your status on gmail chat, MSN or yahoo messenger let us know. We want to reward your creativity with an entry.
Remember that you MUST fill out the nifty little form HERE to be entered.